Advanced Year 3
This year is intended for students who want to progress to the CTA (Certified Transactional Analyst) qualification and membership of the UK Council for Psychotherapy.
There are 20 days of training comprising:
The Saturdays of each weekend will focus on developing theoretical understanding through a variety of methods including taught elements, experiential exercises, working in pairs and small groups, group discussion and group process. The learning contract on Sunday is developed by the trainees and can include developing clinical skills, client presentation, supervision, exam preparation, mock exams and revisiting theory.
“The content each weekend was excellent and engaging. I have enjoyed having Susie as my trainer as I find her very honest and sincere. I do love Susie’s enthusiasm and the way she brings the content of what she is teaching to life.”
- Understanding Relationships
- Trauma, Shock and Spiritual Crisis
- Working with Shame and Defensive Processes
- Understanding the Schizoid Process
- Groups and Group Process
- Finding Your Way With Personality Disorders – Narcissistic Structure and Process
- Finding Your Way With Personality Disorders – Borderline Structure and Process
- Difference and Diversity
- Setting up Private Practice
- Endings in Therapy, Ethics, Transcripts, Self and Peer Assessment
Each of these Advanced Year 3 training weekends will be explored through an intersectional lens, accounting for diversity, social responsibility and political contexts
- One 3000 word essay
- One 4000 word case study
- Two pieces of transcript analysis (maximum 500 words each)
- Supervisor’s Report
- Reflective learning journal
- Ongoing participation in group discussion and process
A minimum of 40 hours of personal therapy per year is a requirement for Advanced clinical training.
Course dates 2021/22
- 25th/26th September 2021
- 16th/17th October 2021
- 6th/7th November 2021
- 20th November 2021 (STAA conference)
- 4th/5th December 2021
- 22nd/23rd January 2022
- 19th/20th February 2022
- 19th/20th March 2022
- 9th April 2022 (Physis Scotland Get Together Day)
- 21st/22nd May 2022
- 11th/12th June 2022
Course tutor 2021/2022
Susie Hewitt, TSTA plus a range of visiting trainers
On successful completion of Advanced Year 3 participants will be awarded a Physis Scotland Completion Certificate and will be eligible to progress into an Exam Preparation Group.
“I love Susie as a trainer. She is always energised and challenges me to be better – think more broadly, creatively and in-depth. She knows her theory inside out and back to front!”
"I enjoyed how attached and connected the group felt, despite not being there in person, and I am thankful for how Physis strived to do everything and beyond to facilitate this. The content of each training weekend has been captivating and I have felt challenged and stretched."