Introduction to Counselling Skills
The Introduction to Counselling Skills is a three day standalone course to introduce the basics of counselling skills.
- Does your work involve listening to people?
- Do you support people who are experiencing emotional, psychological or other difficulties?
- Do you find your communication skills are stretched to the limit at times when working with others?
- Would enhancing your interpersonal skills benefit you in your career or personal life?
Working in a small and friendly training group, led by an experienced teacher, you will improve your ability to listen and respond effectively, whether you intend to develop this further as a professional counsellor / psychotherapist or to use these new skills within your existing work.
What you will learn
At the end of the three day course you will:
- understand the core concepts that underpin counselling skills
- be able to apply skills in practice within a developmental framework
- combine these skills with the basic TA concepts
- have practiced and developed skills in:
- active listening
- responding reflectively
- open and closed questioning
- appropriate self disclosure
- responding to blocks to contact
- recognising boundaries
- confrontation and challenge
- working with resistance
£355 for self-funding individuals.
£395 for organisations
To be announced
On successful completion of the course, participants will be awarded a Physis Scotland Introduction to Counselling Skills Certificate.